Two Month Progress

After two months of working with my trainer, I went back and had another assessment done like I did before we started. I was a little worried because I didn't know what type of results to expect or if I would be let down by the  progress I made. I realized that any little change was a change in the right direction and that I knew I would be happy with any change. The scale was very nice to me, weighing me in at the same weight I was at home. Good to know my scale is accurate too :) I have officially lost 7.6 pounds.

Here were the goal I set at the beginning. I know some of these were impossible for a two month time period so those are just general goals.


  • In the gym four days a week, trying for five, but we all know things come up. 
  • Decrease Body Composition from 31.3% to 23.09%
  • Increase number of sit-ups to 30 in a minute
  • Run a 5k without walking
I met one measurable goal over the last two months and since I do a lot of my cardio on the elliptical since my ankles can't really handle the beating from the treadmill I am thinking I accomplished the last goal. I averaged 9:36 for a 5k toward the end of the two months. So maybe I need to rework that goal a little.

Here are some other measurable things that happened over the two months. 
  • I decreased my BMI or Body mass index by 1.2 points.
  • Under body composition I lost 2.7%
  • I increased flexibility by 1.8 inches in the sit and reach.
Some of the info was a little skewed since I thought I was doing a good thing by getting a quick cardio session in before the assessment since I would need to leave right after, and I thought a little cardio is better than no cardio. Well not during an assessment. It messes with your blood pressure, which was lower than last time but still a little high for me, and it may have affected the VO2 levels, but again they were lower this time but may not reflect an actual level.

So here is the thing to remember: any progress is good progress to the new and HEALTHY you! That's the most important thing. Being healthy and strong.

My challenge for myself and all you is to try something new this month. For some it will be drinking only water. Others may choose to try a new form of cardio or try strength training. Focus on one thing at a time if you are overwhelmed with the process. And be proud of yourself for ever little change or accomplishment.

Until next time! xo

Comments