Motivation

Having trouble hitting the gym? Try this:

I was having a hard time getting to the gym, when I first started this journey. I always made excuses at the end of the work day "I'm too tired," "My head hurts," "I just want to go sit on the couch." Until I convinced my roommate to join the gym. Then it was someone to say "No we can go, even if it's a short workout it's better than nothing." We each said that to the other multiple times (and we still do). It's easier to say no to a workout if you are the only one keeping yourself accountable. Grab a friend and hit the gym. But make sure that your workout buddy will actually go or be a good influence. It wouldn't do you any good to pick someone that will convince you not to go the gym. So be careful with your accountability partner.
I have a friend and even though we live states and hundreds of miles apart we use each other as accountability partners. Ya'll should check out her blog as well. She is currently trying to find a balance with work and working out. And she's an amazing writer! We Snapchat (for those with iPhones, this is a must have app) almost daily and most days we encourage each other.

OR

Pay for a personal trainer! If your gym has this feature, which many do, sometimes they run special deals or a new trainer may have fairly low prices until they build a client base. This is a great way to jump start your fitness routine. You have to keep the appointment you make with them, there is instant accountability. Would  you just skip your doctor's appointment because you were too tired?

OR

Pay yourself for every workout you complete. For each workout you complete put a $1 in a jar and at $100 buy yourself new workout clothes. New clothes always makes us want to use them right? Or a new pair of shoes! On the topic of shoes, most running shoes are good for about 100 miles before the core starts breaking down. I can always tell when my feet start hurting that it's time for a new pair.

Try out any or all of these! I also find that going to group fitness classes on a regular basis you begin to know the people in your classes and they really do miss you when you're not there!

Hope this helps you with finding a way to get motivated. Let me know what things you use to keep yourself motivated to workout!

Until next time! xo

Comments