Greek Yogurt Pancakes

Today is my Sunday and I had planned on being really productive, working in the back yard, getting my taxes done, going to the gym, finish organizing my life. Well that last one may take more than one day off, but I'm starting :)

I woke up to rain, so needless to say the work in the back yard, may be postponed. So I decided to fix a nice breakfast and relax a little bit this morning and get my day off started the right way.


Start out with five ingredients:
  • 5.3 oz of Greek yogurt (I had to weight mine out since I buy in bulk)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 c all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • blueberries (I used some I had in the freezer)

Next mix the egg and greek yogurt in a small bowl.


Then add in the flour and baking soda.


Mix together and the batter will be very thick! More like a dough than batter.


Now its time to spoon out this goodness onto the griddle and add the blueberries!


You'll need to spoon out the batter and smooth out. Now I'm not too picky with the way my pancakes look, just how they taste. So I'm good with them being all crazy shaped. Let them cook up on both sides and there you have it! Easy quick pancakes!

Now they weren't quite as sweet as normal pancakes but they were really tasty! Easy and great source of protein and  no added sugar!

I couldn't decide if I wanted pancakes or eggs this morning, so I fixed both! Just scrambled up an egg with a pinch of bacon bits and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese. I'm headed to the gym this afternoon, so I'll be sure to work a little harder to work it off.



Be sure to let me know how you like them in the comments below.

Oh and side note, but don't spray Pam on a hot skillet....it doesn't turn out well. Just trust me on that one! :)

Until next time! xo

Comments

  1. Yum! I usually just eat cereal at school with my kids, but I'll have to try making these next week while I'm on vacation from work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment