Get Pumped

I've been looking on pinterest and there are lot of posts about exercises and and music to run to. Well I can't really say how this will work with a run, since I'm not much of a runner but it does work for the spin room.

Start with the NOW That's What I Call Music 44. You can really start anywhere on the CD but make sure you end on the last song. It's an awesome cool down song. The spin instructor at my gym says think about being in the club and keep the beat like you were dancing! Such a good tip bc I find myself thinking about dancing to the songs, even though I DON'T DANCE! hahaha :) But it's so easy to keep the beat that way.

If the song has a fast beat, lower resistance an speed up!

If the song is slower, kick up the resistance enough to keep the beat and still not shake around.

Be sure you stretch your arms during the warm-up song. This sounds a little silly, but they will be sore as well after. Stretch again during the cool down song then once you get off the bike be sure and stretch out those legs.
Put one foot up on the bike seat and lean over, grabbing your toes. Once that is nice and stretched turn and face toward the side that your foot on the ground is on. This will stretch the inside of your thighs. and if you've been pushing your knees together and keeping them tight on the bike, you'll need this stretch. And switch sides.

Spinning is an awesome workout, pretty typical to burn 800-1000 calories in an session and if you take a class, you never know what  you are going to get. I like going to the classes because there is someone to push me even harder, but I also like to go in when there isn't a class and have my own private session and jam out. I have to be careful though that I don't start singing because the music isn't blaring overhead.

So give spinning a try! Until next time! xo

Comments