It's Starting to Feel a Lot Like Christmas

I am normally the type of person who doesn't do anything Christmas before Thanksgiving, but I don't know what has gotten into me. And no, I didn't put my tree up. But it will be up the Saturday after Thanksgiving! But my house looks like it does after Christmas; its COVERED in glitter!

A good friend came over and worked on glasses and a wreath and other decorations for Christmas. Unfortunately I didn't get photos of the work, but we had such a good afternoon crafting and sipping wine so we could use the wine bottle.

Maggie and I did a little more shopping today. I know I know, but we didn't spend near as much today. Pinecones and glasses, that's it. I promise. :) I started out working on the glitter pinecones for the Dining Room Table. I painted Mod Podge on the pine cones and then sprinkled them with glitter. They turned out looking frosted or frozen. I think it's pretty cool.


Not gonna lie, I didn't do this, but Maggie made a matching one!


See! We have two! I love these, and we have decorations for the front porch that will look good during the day and at night. Yes, they're lit! These will probably be sitting in our living room until Christmas, because we have no where to put them.


This is my favorite! And I adore the silver champagne flutes. We're not done with this project yet, we still have to finish the glasses and figure out what we are going to do with the martini glasses. I'll put up the finished product when we get them done.

                             

This last one had nothing to do with Christmas, but it did have everything to do with glitter! You can't really tell from this photo, but I took an BBW candle that had burned out and put it in the freezer for a couple hours, just long enough to pop the wax loose. Then I cleaned the remaining wax and sticky stuff off the glass. Once it was good and dry, I put a layer of Mod Podge and white glitter. Today after it dried all night I put another layer of Mod Podge in to seal the glitter in. 

I want to get plant filler, the gel balls that you see in bamboo or another indoor plant, and put them in the candle to hold up my make-up brushes. 

                              

I may have to do a whole house tour after all these projects! Let me know what you think.

Until next time! xo


Comments