Divergent/Insurgent

I recently watched a Gliterature done by Elle Fowler; be sure to check her out on Youtube. She does beauty product reviews, book reviews, beauty tutorials and so much more. Anyways, a couple months  ago she reviewed Divergent then recently, I can't really remember, she reviewed Insurgent.

 I was trying to finish the books I had on my phone before I bought any new ones so it took me awhile to finally download the books. I almost wish I had waited longer. I know that sounds weird but I can't stand waiting for more books in series to come out and now I have to wait for about A YEAR for the last one to come out... I'm not a very patient person, I know its bad and I should probably work on it, but I have such a hard time waiting. I could probably tie that into some theme in the books.

Anyways, on to the point of this post.
photo from Amazon.com

Divergent is a dystopian novel based in the city of Chicago where author Veronica Roth lives. You'll first meet the character Beatrice, who I LOVE! I find myself wanting to be like, but I also finding myself wanting to hit her for decisions she makes, but that's more so in Insurgent. (keep reading to find out more). Basically all I want to tell you is there are 5 factions in the city and they each work together for a common purpose, but don't necessarily like each other. 

Abnegation is known for their selflessness, and make sure the factionless are taken care of. 

Candor values truth above all else. 

Erudite is all about knowledge. They invent technology, train teacher, doctors, scientists, etc. 

Amity is peaceful and friendly. They grown all the food that is supplied to the city.

Dauntless are the warriors and protector of the city. They pride themselves on facing their fears and doing daring acts; like jumping off of buildings, zip lining from the highest building in the city.

Then there are the Factionless, that failed or left Faction initiation. And I don't want to give away anything about the title, so you'll find out about that when you read it.

The way Veronica writes you can see the scenes play out in front of you. She grabs you from the beginning and leaves you wanting more.

Read it, it's amazing! 
photo from Amazon.com

Ok if you haven't read the first, you may not want to read any father, go read the first one. I don't want to give anything away. If you continue to read, and I screw something up for you, you were warned.

I want to start by saying I read this book in three nights. I started it on Wednesday/Thursday;I finished up Divergent late one night and immediately started on Insurgent, and finished this morning. 

The first thing I think of when I think of Insurgent, is how is Tris strong enough to go against everyone for what she believes is right. I one don't think I could risk my life multiple times, and then defy the request of the man I love multiple times and have my heart break that many times. But you never know what you can do until you are put in those circumstances. And all I will say was I love the end, and I can't wait for the last book. But my only request from the hopeless romantic in me is that there is no more heart break.... but I know there will be.

Leave me your thoughts on the books in the comments. And GO read them!

Oh and for those that finished reading, THERE IS GOING TO BE A MOVIE! I'm not sure how I feel about the actress that will be playing Tris, she's not exactly like I pictured, but the idea is growing on me. Shailene Woodley has signed on to play Tris.


The movie is scheduled to be in theaters March 2014.

Until next time! xo

Comments