Butterflies

I've always had this slight obsession with Butterflies, it's just my thing. In college, my roommate Kim shared my same obsession. I felt like we bonded over our love for this truly beautiful creature. I'm not sure it was the look of the butterfly that intrigued me so much, I think it was there transformation that did.

I have always wanted that transformation for myself. From a little girl, I always wanted to be thinner like the other girls, be prettier, be more athletic, be more... you can fill in the blank. I thought I would grow out of it, but still I find myself wanting to change who I am. Some of the same things, but some of them are different now. Now I find myself wanting to transform into a wife. The problem... still single. I want to transform to the girl that is wanted by the guys. I long to be who they want me to be.

At the same time I am longing to be transformed into the woman that God wants me to be. Yes I see how these are not quite making sense, but no human is perfect. We all have flaws and I know this is one of mine.

Somewhere in me wants to believe that since I graduated college, have a job, house, car payment, and all the other grown up responsibilities, the next step is marriage. Well my journey began that way and by wanting to transform into wife mode, I ended  up pushing him away. So instead of one little step to wife transformation, I will be making many transformations to get there. No complaining about that, I also know that I needed to transform into the real me instead of transforming into what someone else wants me to be.

And this is what this blog is about. I'll keep writing about my small transformations and daily life stuff on my journey of Transformation.


"How does one become a butterfly?" she asked. "You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."
Anonymous

Comments